Learn. enjoy. compete.
At Roundhay TC Coaching we pride ourselves in providing great quality tennis lessons to all ages and abilities. We ensure that our programme has something for everyone, whether you are a complete beginner, a club player, or looking towards county and regional level.
Through our core values of LEARN. ENJOY. COMPETE. we create a fun relaxed environment, whilst helping to prepare and support players into competition when they are ready.
Our Key Principles
100% effort at all times - don't let the ball bounce twice.
Always get into the ready position and split step.
Focus on the feed - make sure it's the correct ball from the correct place.
Quality warm up - concentration and balls in court.
Acceptance of opponent's good shots and your own mistakes.
As coaches we will...
- Be punctual and professional at all times.
- Ensure sessions are fun and specific to the needs of the groups.
- Continue to develop as coaches.
- Be positive role models to the players.
- Support the players through all aspects of their tennis.
Players are asked to...
- Respect and listen to each other and the coaches.
- Put in full effort into their lessons.
- Accept that they can't play their best tennis every day.
- Keep an open mind to development.
- Let their coach know if they have any problems or concerns.
Players who uphold the values and principles above have a chance to win our Star of the Week and Star of the Month awards. Examples of our trophies can be seen above.